Body positivity for women is on the rise – however there is little body-positivity movement for men.
And increased pressure to meet these unrealistic standards – especially teenagers
Why is this a problem?
People going to the gym to improve themselves have goals to look like these men.
Not meeting these goals can lead to severe restriction, binging and purging, and over exercise – Hallmarks of eating disorders
But they claim to be natural!
Athletes can say they do not take steroids
- But CAN claim natural whilst taking SARMS (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators), AKA the steroid without the side effects.
- Or artificial TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy)
The SARMS trick
1. Influencers on SARMS can have reduced baseline testosterone production – lower than an average male
2. Influencers go off a SARMS cycle then claim for TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) for life in TRT clinics
3. Causing increased testosterone and claiming ‘Natural’ whilst having unrealistic body standards!3. Causing increased testosterone and claiming ‘Natural’ whilst having unrealistic body standards!
- Teenagers and young adults on SARMS are taking testosterone replacement therapy
- Eating disorders come from unrealistic body standards from enhanced athletes
- Especially in men, there is very little body-positivity and pressure to meet these standards portrayed online and on TV
- Some fitness influencers are actually only posting their recycled, best photos, not actually their current physique
What can I do?
- Unfollow fitness pages that show more ‘body’ than information
- Focus on your own progress and be the best YOU can be
- Enjoy your food and exercise!
- Avoid talking about weight in conversations
This Post content was taken from an Instagram post @TheDieteticHeart
Are You Ready To Improve Your Relationship with Food and Get Your Hunger Cues Back?
Watch the FREE Hunger Regulation Webinar Series and get learn exact steps to restore your hunger cues once again WITHOUT the overwhelm or worry about eating and then ending up in binges
Each webinar is split into one episode sent straight to your email inbox every day, given over 3 days, and you’ll learn absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about how to restore your hunger cues and end binge eating urges whilst still keep the foods you enjoy once and for all.